Adfactor header

20.9.13

C O S T U M E / / N A T I O N A L

 











COSTUME NATIONAL          
SPRING SUMMER 14


Though I have never had a surprise party (hint), I always figured surprises were my kind of thing (HINT). And here it was, hid away somewhere in between my exploding mailbox, the invite for Costume National Spring Summer '14 show. While carefully scanning the page, seeking for the obvious prank, my mind was already going insane. With my imaginary ideal wardrobe filled with Céline, Haider Akkerman, 3.1. Phillip Lim, Alexander Wang and Costume National you might get a grasp of the fragile mental state I was in. And as this pleasant surprise did not turn out to be a practical joke, Milan it was.

So here I was yesterday, holding my thick cardboard (love!) invite somewhere in between Milans biggest skyscrapers. It all made perfect sense, my first Milan Fashion Week experience, my Alaïa's last hot summer spin and on top of all the combo: Costume National and I. 

I was quite nervous, which is strange since it wasn't like I was asked to walk the catwalk..?! #Dramaqueen. Maybe the idea of everything going wrong or the idea of the collection being a total disappointment had my heart terrified. But as soon as the doors opened, it was obvious, this had Liza Chloë written all over it.

The catwalk, well there was no catwalk really (an organized bunch of benches magically shaped a catwalk) within an empty grey industrial space immediately set the tone of what was to come...

A straight-to-the-point minimalistic but powerful concept. The typical Costume National "Costumes" were taken out of their comfort zone for de- and reconstruction purposes. Traditional blazers and dresses passed the runway, all challenging the idea of modern classics, thanks to the overlapping and laser cut elements included. Basics had become statement pieces, while still remaining to be minimal. An almost impossible aesthetic to achieve, congratulations Mr. Capasa!

To end on a much more sentimental note: the show exceeded my expectations and truly showed me (literally) my love for such design: simple, modern and edgy. Thank you Costume National for the inspiration! 

And now, back to Amsterdam! :-(


YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN', FACEBOOK & TWITTER

5 comments:

  1. wow, beautiful shots!

    XOXO Maud

    NEW BLOGPOST ONLINE:
    http://thirteentalesoffashion.blogspot.nl/2013/09/photo-blog-27-on-findmymusthavenl.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een prachtige collectie zeg!

    Ik snap best dat je nerveus was ;)



    www.style-chameleon.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooie foto's en wat een prachtige kleding!

    ReplyDelete